Stitch Fix Plus #2

Thursday, April 13, 2017
I was so excited to get my next StitchFix this month! I peeked at it when I received the shipping notice, and I was swooning over a few of the items.
Alison styled me again this month and I absolutely love some of the items she sent me! Read on to see what items I loved and which I didn't!


Renee C Addae Knit Dress - $74
This dress has a really simple white and blue pattern. I was a little worried about how the ruching would look on my body. I am a classic "apple" shape, so I usually go for more of a camouflaging look for my stomach. I was presently surprised by how the little bit of a seem there helped to draw attention away from my stomach. This dress is comfortable and soft without being flimsy. It's cute with a pair of Toms for the classroom, or a pair of wedges for a night out with friends. This one was definitely a keeper! 


Erica Taylor Karen Printed Straight Leg Pants - $88
I wasn't sure about these pants when I saw them in the preview. I have a really hard time finding pants that fit. Typically, if they fit in the waist, the legs are huge. And if they fit in the legs, the waist is too tight. These pants were just big all over! They don't look like it in the picture above, but the one below gives you a better idea of how big they really are. 
I was going to exchange them, but unfortunately they were sold out in the next size down (actually, in ever size except the ones they were sent to me in). So these were a return! 

Q&A Tattiana Dress - $64
If "Phyllis" was a pattern, this would be it. Florals are my jam. This dress however..not my jam. It had a high, choker like collar which I wasn't a fan of. And, more importantly, it had no shape to it. It hung on my body..but did nothing for it. One of the most important thing for me, especially with dresses, is creating the illusion that I have hips and cleavage. This did nothing to help with that. The cardigan made it a little bit better (and actually the photo makes this look way better then it actually did). If this was a heavier dress I might have kept it because cardigans give me all the heart eyes. But, this dress is meant to be worn in the summer - it's open in the front and a sleeveless, so I'm probably not going to be reaching for it in the summer. This one was also a return! 

Hailey 23 Gabrielle 2fer Knit Dress - $74
I fell in love with this dress as soon as I saw it. When I took it out of the box and felt the spandex like material at the top..I was so disappointed. I was convinced this would look awful. 
I have never been more excited to be wrong. This dress had just enough cling at the top to give me the illusion of cleavage AND it flared right at the start of my problem area, not only hiding my stomach but making me look like I had a waist. I'm not going to lie, I'm slightly obsessed with this dress. The colors are gorgeous and of course..florals. This one is absolutely a keep! 

Papermoon Norris Split Neck Blouse - $44 
I usually try and go for muted patterns, and this seemed really bold to me. I was willing to give this a try before dismissing it, and I didn't hate it. Actually, I really liked it. This was long enough to be really cute with a pair of leggings. It would also look really cute with a denim jacket. While I loved the pattern, I didn't like how this fit. It was very loose and didn't do much for my body type. And, shock of ALL shocks, it was slightly too tight in my chest. I have N-E-V-E-R experienced that before. (Usually, I have the opposite problem). Since this top has buttons, I considered wearing it unbuttoned with a cami underneath. For a light top, which wasn't see through, I didn't think I would wear it often enough to justify the price tag. 


Overall, I was super excited about my fix. It got me out of my comfort zone style wise, and it may have given me a new favorite wardrobe piece. Because seriously, that Hailey 23 dress still has me making heart eyes at it. 









No comments