Stitch Fix Plus

Sunday, March 5, 2017
Back in the fall, Stitch Fix announced that they would be expanding their products to go up to size 26. As a size 16, I was *just* outside of their sizing, so needless to say I was thrilled! I mean, who doesn't love stylish clothes picked out for them by someone else? Especially with my very difficult to dress body!


Last week, I got an email that the plus line was FINALLY launching and I was thrilled to be one of their first boxes! I loved finally being able to use this great service! Click below to see my great pieces and what I kept!
 Allison did such a great job styling me! She hit the ball out of the park with every piece, nailing my "classic" style.
Brixon Ivy Laser Cut Dress - $78
I had mentioned in my note to my stylist that I have a wedding shower coming up sometime in the next few months, and I would love something to wear for that. This dress did a great job of masking my problem areas and has the fit and flare style that I loved (in addition to a great color!) However..for the sake of staying within my budget, I had to return it. 

41Hawthorn Renesme Geo Cube Jersey Wrap Dress - $78
When I first saw this in the box, I thought "no way." I am not a pink person and I definitely tend to go towards more subtle patterns. But Looking at the top of this dress, I really liked how it looked on..but there was one small problem. 

The material was VERY clingy and did nothing to hide my midsection - in fact, it emphasized it. A big no-no in my closet! So this was definitely a return. I did consider exchanging for a size up, but the fit wasn't the issue - the material would always be clingy regardless of size. 

Brixon Ivy Embroidered Cutout Blouse - $64
I'm usually not a yellow person, but I loved the fit of this top! It gave me a shape without clinging and it's light and fun. I was presently surprised to love this top! 

How cute are the cutouts on the sleeves? Even though the price was a little more then I usually spend on a blouse, I felt it was worth it. Definitely something I can wear often. Light enough for summer with a pair of shorts or skirt, but still wearable in the winter with a cardigan. Keep, for sure. 

Skies Are Blue Pocket Flare Skirt - $58
I'm not going to lie, as soon as I saw this I swooned a bit. Audrey Hepburn is my style icon, and this just screamed Roman Holiday. I loved it. I even liked the way it fit with the tucked in blouse - something I usually avoid. It was so light and comfortable. But then I took a look at my legs. It was just a few inches too long to be a good fit. Unless I wore heels often, which I do not, it made my muscular legs look chubby and short. So I regrettably decided to return it. 

Alice Blue Simona Henley Blouse - $44 
I am a BIG fan of anything floral, so I loved this as soon as I pulled it out. I'm usually not one for cream or white, but the florals won me over pretty quickly. 

I don't usually wear sleeveless tops, so I threw on a cardigan with it and almost swooned. I love how it's versatile - great for school, but still able to be worn on the weekends. This one was definitely a keep! 


And there you have it! My StitchFix Plus review! I already scheduled my box for next month, I can't wait to see what Allison picks out for me then! 

Want to try your own stitch fix? Click here!






No comments