Target Teacher

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I remember a few years ago when someone told me that Target had small pocket charts in their dollar spot - not only was I amazed, but I scooped up a bunch (because you can never have too many pocket charts) In the past few years, Target has upped their game even more - around back to school time, their dollar spot is almost exclusively for teachers (much to my wallet's relief). Here are some of my great finds this year! (Side note: please ignore the mess in the background of the pictures, I just moved last weekend!) 


Adhesive Felt Letters 

I bought 3 sets of these letters which come ready to stick right up on your bulletin board! I personally HATE punching out or cutting out letters for displays, and these letters are nice and patterned, perfect for sprucing up a plain border and background! 


Blank Books

These are PERFECT for our opening Writer's Workshop Unit (My pictures tell a story). They come 8 to a pack and I scooped up all 4 sets that they had left! Each book has eight pages. I love to encourage my students to write their own books throughout the year, especially during our beginning units when the students are mostly using pictures. I cannot wait to see what they create! 


Chalkboards

There is something so fun about writing on a chalkboard! These have grids, making them perfect for our number writing center! The backs of these boards are blank, which is great for our Handwriting without Tears letter formation practice! 


Book Bins 

I really wanted to upgrade my library area this years, and I KNEW I needed book bins. They are so expensive, even when Lakeshore puts them on sale. The powers that be at Target must have noticed this too, because this year they had bins in the dollar spot! There were only 7 left, but you better believe I bought them! Look how durable they are - I put my heavy Quote dictionary into it and it did not even wobble! At $3 a piece? TOTALLY worth it! 


Games 

Check out these great games (ALL from the dollar spot!) Beginning sounds, rhyming, alphabet order, color words and capital-lowercase matching. While these games only came with 1 clothes pin each (except for the color word game), I have plenty of those in my classroom that I can add to these games if I decide to. Even better: the bags are resealable, so I don't have to find storage for them! 


Laminator 

Ok, this isn't from the dollar spot BUT at less then $20, it's still a major Target steal! (Bonus? With the Cartwheel app it was an extra 20% off!) My laminator broke shortly before I started grad school, and my school at the time had a laminator, so I decided not to replace it. But the new school I am at does not have one, so I knew this had to go at the top of my back to school list!

Alright teachers...what were your best Target dollar spot finds this year? 

No comments